Fall

Fall

Monday, July 25, 2011

Update

Is it un-American to be annoyed that the Presidential Address on the debt crisis is interrupting The Bachelorette? I guess I listen to so much NPR (and NPR has been reporting so much on the debt crisis) that I really don't want it interrupting my TV down time. Oh well, at least Obama can string sentences together well.***

I thought (as the address goes in one ear and out the other) I would write an update blog. Let's see, what is new...Well, Scout won't be staying with us. Her papa decided my house is a little too small and too nice to try to fit in yet another dirty and hairy creature. Which is probably for the best, because once school starts I won't have time for myself, let alone my friends and family, let alone my own two boys.

I have been engaging muscles lately I didn't even know existed. Susan and I took the power sculpt yoga class at her athletic club. Here is the equivalent to a mathematical equation for this class:
Yoga+Weights+Dance Party Music+Aerobic Exercise+Beautiful People in Spandex=A Painful Next Day. Seriously, my body still hurts. The day after this class I went to the driving range with my dad and yet again used muscles I didn't know existed-all on one side of my body. If it sounds as though I am complaining, I am not. I have loved every (painful) minute of it.

I have been spending some quality time with friends and family. This circle is so amazing and wonderful that spending time is really, truly some of the most enjoyable moments of my life. Don't forget about me when I fall into the vortex of school, okay? Call me every once in a while to make sure I haven't been sucked into one of those hefty textbooks (or e-books for all I know).

Mike's 2 year anniversary is coming up the end of August. I have been giving thought about how to spend that time...a trip to Santa Fe? Winter Park? I liked getting away last year when I went to Estes Park. It felt good to be away from the daily routine and do something different in his honor. He would want me to take an adventure, to explore, to get out of town. So we shall see how it all shakes out.

Okay, Boehner is now giving his response to Obama's address. I think I may go pour myself a glass of wine, sit outside, and patiently await the resuming of The Bachelorette.***

***Disclaimer: I am not a disaffected American. I do care about the state of my country. That is why I listen to NPR, read various newspapers online, and watch "Washington Week". I just dislike this political gaming.

No comments: