Fall

Fall

Friday, April 17, 2015

A quick study

Rene was on the couch this morning and I sat next to her, reached out to pet her and she growled at me.

I didn't like that one bit.

All sorts of crazy thinking started happening in my head…I adopted Cujo! Is she really "a sweet girl?" What is behind this growling business?

I emailed my Greyhound mentor who said, "You need to nip her growling in the bud. She is trying to assert dominance, and you are the dominant one. Next time tell her no and to get down off the couch."

I got home tonight, made myself some dinner and kicked her off the couch so I could eat and watch TV. She complied with no aggressive tendencies. I then invited her up, she joined me on the couch, snuggled her little face under my arms, and I pet her back, ears, feet and head with no growling or nipping. Just one sweet girl, getting affection she probably never had seen before.

She is a quick study. And so am I.

No comments: