Fall

Fall

Monday, June 29, 2015

Romeo, Romeo...

The weather is finally co-operating with the summer pleasure of sitting on the patio or porch and enjoying a morning cup of coffee or an evening glass of wine. This is my first year of such a pleasure on a balcony. When I lived on Clarkson Street I had that nice landscaped yard; in Montrose I had the front porch with the views of the Cimarron's; and in Lowry I have a balcony with a view of trees, buildings, the parking area, and an expansive sky. I didn't sink too much money into decorating the outdoor space this year, wanting to see how it all functions before going too crazy with furniture, or a grill, or a ton of plants. It gets hot and sunny in the morning (welcome, Sun, coming through my curtains at 6am!) and then cool and shady later in the day. I bought some pre-planted pots of geraniums and they have been hanging in there since May. It is a nice little spot for some R&R and I look forward to lots of time spent outside!




Three creatures enjoy the balcony…a garden gnome, an elephant watering can, and a greyhound!






No comments: