Fall

Fall

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ches


While mom and I were away Mike took the boys to Chatfield. Something happened to Ches, which both of us didn't discover until Sunday afternoon. On his side there was a big hole where layers of skin were gone...he must have been poked by a stick or got scratched on a rock. He itched it all night so we took him to the vet yesterday. She shaved and cleaned the area, stapled the wound closed, and let us go on our way, not without the humiliating cone that Chester has to wear for two weeks. Poor guy. He was bumbling all around the house yesterday, bumping into walls and furniture. I took it off this morning so we could take a walk and his resistance was touching when I went to put it back on today..."No, mom, don't make me wear this thing again today..." This is dedicated to my Ches in hopes of healing quickly.

No comments: