Fall

Fall

Friday, May 9, 2008

A weekend away

Tomorrow Mom and I will whisk ourselves away to Estes Park, where we will spend the weekend in honor of Mother's Day as well as to spend some time together. I can't recall the last time I was on a trip with Mom. I am excited about our girls weekend. When I go to plan it out, moment by moment, I am reminded that this is actually time for us to relax. So, we will play it by ear. A little shopping, dining and maybe a hike or something. Whatever. It will be fun to hang out and be in the mountains-my first trip up there of the year! I will post pictures upon our return.

Last night was a very stimulating book club. Katie hosted and in honor of Cinco de Mayo we had a delicious Mexican feast. The book choice-Song Yet Sung-got some attention but despite its status as a fantastic read we instead focused on politics. Some of us are dems, others republicans so we discussed our choices for president. We debated immigration and other social policies. The great thing about this group is we are all open, and while the debate may get a little heated, we laughed at the end as to how politics get people so revved up. I am so lucky to be in this book club, full of smart, energetic and passionate women. Here's to a lifetime of book club Thursdays!

No comments: