Fall

Fall

Monday, February 23, 2009

The Art of Appreciation

We had a good weekend. Often times a good weekend involves something spectacular or different...like a play or dinner at a friend's house. All we really did was run some errands and watch an episode of John Adams and a few of The Wire. We got Lost in Lost and curse ourselves for ever starting this series. We went for a walk and the boys played at the dog park. We capped the weekend off with Basil Doc's pizza and the Oscars. Sounds simple, really. We were able to take advantage of Mike feeling pretty good along with the weather being pretty nice. I have learned the art of appreciation...I used to put pressure on myself to go out to bars and restaurants, be busy, shop, see friends, and zoom around the city. Now I appreciate the small things...A sunny February day, a walk, a really good meal. It is refreshing to take the pressure off doing stuff and just allowing myself to really be in the moment. It is a new perspective. This week I get to take Wednesday off. It will be 66 degrees and so I have plans! I may do yard work, walk with Mom, and putter around the house. Sounds like bliss to me!

No comments: