Fall

Fall

Monday, February 2, 2009

All things weekend

I had a pretty enjoyable weekend. Not only was the weather lovely but I also got to get out and enjoy a few things. Dad and I went to the Denver Art Museum to see the Ernest Blumenshein exhibit. It was a wonderful exhibit and I wish I could move to New Mexico and enjoy the expansive landscape that he shows in his paintings. We went to lunch at the Cherokee Inn and then I ran some errands. Mike and I took the boys to the dog park with the weather being so warm and they romped and played. We came home, napped, and then watched an episode of John Adams, an HBO special we have on Netflix and are just loving.

Yesterday, I went to the dog park again and met Jen and Izzie. Stan loves seeing Izzie and they romped and played. Jen and I caught up on the week's news and then I came home and cleaned the house. Mike and I watched the superbowl over at Mom and Dad's house. We had fun...Grandpa's chili, a yummy cheese dip, and beer. All good things! The Steelers won, but really I didn't care who would win...I just loved being with the family.

Mike had a PET scan on Friday and so tomorrow at 3:30pm we have his follow up appointment. Wish him luck. We are both very anxious about this one, considering his back pain and recent illness. We are hoping for good news, however.

Thoughts and prayers go to Meg's mom...Ellen has been in the hospital with blood clots and other problems. We know what those endless hours in the hospital feel like. We are rooting for you Ellen and hope you get to cozy up in your own bed very soon.

No comments: