Fall

Fall

Friday, February 6, 2009

It's back

Well, we got the bummer news on Tuesday that Mike's cancer has come back. If there is good news in this discovery, it is that the cancer hasn't spread and is in the same region as before. The bad news is that he has to start chemo again, which I know he hates, and we have to go through this whole process once again.

All I can say is that the oncology nurses at Dr. Fisher's office are just so wonderful. They are comforting and kind, personable and funny. They make the chemo room feel like we are a part of a family. I couldn't imagine a sterile, cold, impersonal environment during chemo. The patients need that connection, the laughter and the empathy.

I spent the first part of the week in a pretty bad mood; now I am getting to that more positive space where I can put those good vibes out there. If there is one thing to learn from all this, it is the cliche "Take each day as it comes" statement. That is just so true...to really be in each moment as if it were your last, or least before it is about to be changed.

No comments: