Fall

Fall

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Is it noon on Saturday already?

Fridays I greatly anticipate the weekend. I can sleep in, mill about, see friends and family. I can't believe how fast they go though. Soon Saturday will be over only to begin Sunday and then look ahead to another week.

I am having a pleasant weekend. I went to my neighbor's house for wine, food and friendship. It was a nice time, but remind me never to drink red and white wine in the same night. Today I am cleaning the house and yard, and a few friends are coming over for dinner this evening. Tomorrow is a trip to the Zoo with Susan and Alex and then an early dinner with Jen. In between I plan to walk the dogs, read, and possibly nap.

I start teaching this next 8 week term and my first night is Thursday. My class is bigger than the first one I taught, but hopefully with more students things will move along faster. I need to finalize my syllabus and email it to the students ahead of time. I am just going to take it one Thursday at a time, and really focus on the outcomes for the class and each week's topic. It should be good and I am hoping I a bit more organized this time around.

I have been feeling pretty good all in all. I am experimenting with the wedding ring on the right hand instead of left. So far it doesn't feel too weird. I am slowly cleaning things out. I bought a few new items for the house-a rug, a bedspread and a picture for the office. Slowly I am coming home to "my" home instead of "our" home. I do miss him a lot. A co-worker who I haven't seen in a while and who just found out about Mike ran into me in the hall yesterday. She expressed her condolences and I did at that time want to cry. She said, "I only met Mike once but you two really seemed to fit." I nodded. We did fit. Like glove and hand.

No comments: