Fall

Fall

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Massouch! Therapy

Last night I had a massage. I went to a woman who lives in the neighborhood and does a real deep tissue massage. Problem is...it hurts like heck! I mean...there are pains and pinches. I know she is getting in there, really letting those toxins out, and today my back does feel better, as do my trigger points in the shoulder and neck. I got to thinking that there are three types of massage people:

1. No massage. "I just couldn't stand having someone touch me like that!"
2. Spa massage. Use of aromatherapy, no talking, falling asleep on the table.
3. Massouch!...the go on, get naked, get ready to cry; the kind where there are tools involved.

I have decided I am #2. I love the serene rooms that come with a spa. I love aromatherapy. I like that they ask how hard or soft. I like that they don't know me so they don't talk. I love falling asleep only to wake up feeling like I was princess for a day. What kind of massage person are you?

2 comments:

Meg said...

I'm a spa girl myself. I like to drift in and out of sleep and feel pampered!

Emily said...

I think I'm a combination #2 and #3. I love the spa action for SURE. It has to be swank. And there should not be talking AT ALL. EVER.
But I do like a little digging in the tough areas...even though it hurts sometimes!