Fall

Fall

Friday, October 2, 2009

Mary and Hawks

Somehow I ended up with an amazing and beautiful friend Mary. Not sure how or when she came into my life with the full force friendship there is now...We are in the Ignatian Scholars program together but somehow she thinks I am special. The special one though is Mary.

Mary lives in Conifer. I told her that this week I was choosing Mike's headstone. She offered to come along. The only time that worked for me was 9am on a Friday. Mary faced Conifer and 285 traffic to meet me at 9am...even earlier with coffees from Starbucks. Mary sat with me for the hour it took to figure out his headstone. Then she agreed to go with me to his spot. She told me a story that when she would visit her mom in the graveyard who died at a young age she would be visited by hawks...her mom's very favorite animal. When Mary and I got to Mike's spot and were standing there, lo and behold two distinguished hawks circled above us. Mike, her mom and God were with us.

How did I get so lucky to get Mary? Meg? Susan? Liz? I am not sure what made me so worthy of this love. I hope someday I can reciprocate.

No comments: