Fall

Fall

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Mary New Year


I had the pleasure of spending the day at my friend Mary's house in Conifer. She has two kids and a darling husband. They live on four acres and have a barn, chickens, bunnies, and a big St. Bernard puppy named Grace. Their home is simple but beautifully furnished, with personal touches all over the house. I got there about 10:30 this morning, met the chickens and bunnies, played with legos, and ate a scrumptious salmon and quinoa lunch. After lunch the kids got into the hot-tub and her daughter played like she was in the polar bear club, jumping out of the hot tub to run through the snow and then back into the hot-tub. What a ham. Her son has been a big supporter of mine and would send me his artwork and other ways to let me know he loves me. It was a wonderful day and to top it all off, the weather was beautiful. Mary has become a friend these past few years and has been one of those instrumental friends who have helped carry me through my grief. It was a nice way to spend one of the early days of 2010.

No comments: