Fall

Fall

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quiet

I have been a bit quiet via the blog. I am not sure what to write about. So...I will do something stream of conscious.......................
I hate the cold. Really, truly, I wish it were spring. It makes me wish I live in San Diego, only to confront out of control mortgages and smog. But I hate the December to April stretch. Work has been busy and some days I wonder the point of it all....why am I registering people for classes when it is so apparent how to do it online? Seems as though I have had a negative attitude, but the weather brings it out in me. Hmmm...what is good? I got a good night's sleep. I am on day 4 of my 29 day gift giving campaign and it is going well. I have heard from people who I haven't heard from in 15 years which is lovely. Book club last night was good, with Amy's stellar food, home, and overall hostess talents. I am meeting people who know what it is like to lose a spouse. I am graduating students so they can get on with their lives. I am a listener to friends who really need it. I am exploring other opportunities. I am in the market for a new dining room table. I rub Chester's back and ears every morning, and kiss Stan's nose when he pokes it on my side of the bed. I drive a 4 wheel drive in the snow which makes me safe. I drink as much Starbucks' Chai Tea as I can. I am starting to actually, truly love me. I am starting to actually, truly accept what is ahead of me. I may actually be able to say I am embarking on being happy. Oh, and I can say I got highlights today by the best stylist in the world.

Life is/will be good.

2 comments:

ainthatamerica said...

You are an inspiration.

Jeannie (Jiji) McCarron said...

When am I going to see these highlights??