Fall

Fall

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Absinthe and Dracula

A fine combination, wouldn't you say? One is blood vessel draining and the other is blood sucking. Fortunately, I was smart enough to just observe both. My friend Mandy is an arts and culture writer for The Examiner. Halloween being so close, she is interested in writing about events related to Halloween. I told her about Colorado Ballet's Dracula and she got us two tickets. We decided to start at the absinthe bar adjacent to Z Cuisine on 30th and Wyandot. Neither of us were brave enough to try a glass. She was driving and I wanted to keep my sanity. However, we did indulge in some lovely appetizers-roasted beets and a little cheese plate that we just took our time savoring. It was a lovely prelude to being thrust into the ballet...which was divine. To be honest, I have seen this ballet half a dozen times since I worked there. The magic, though, returned and I was thrust into the world of grace, beauty, drama, and jealously (how can she do pointe on her bare toes????). We had a delightful evening and I can't wait to read her review of the events. We promised each other a glass of absinthe in the future when we can take a cab.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very much appreciate what you're creating here!