Fall

Fall

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010 Style

I can't believe that while California is getting torrential rains, and the mountains are getting hit with heavy snow, and the midwest/northeast has been hit with cold, and Europe was experiencing record snowfall...I am looking out the window at a remarkably sunny day in Denver. I do hope for a little snowfall-it would put that final touch on Christmas.

I am looking forward to some time off from my job at CCA. The school gives up all the federal holidays and takes the week after Christmas off. My boss did ask that I increase my hours for January, which got me excited because I am really liking working at CCA and working with community college students. Also, I am finding I like having something to do and make a little money!

For Christmas this year, I will be joining my family for mass and then dinner at 730 South on Christmas Eve. Christmas day will be spent with them as well-opening gifts at mom and dad's and then I am hosting Christmas dinner. On the menu? Beef Stroganoff, potato gratin, and green beans with shallots. I am looking forward to cooking and entertaining. Other holiday cheer this week? Drinks at the Brown Palace with my family and the McClanahans and driving with Meg and the kids to look at Christmas lights. It has been a fun and festive week.

Merry Christmas to all! I wish everyone a happy celebration and some much deserved time off with family and friends. XO

No comments: