Fall

Fall

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Farethewell...until you do something even greater!

I have been watching the final Oprah show very slowly. Over the past few days, I play a segment here and there-I still haven't finished it yet. I am savoring her words of wisdom because, quite frankly, she has been someone I have looked up to for years. Her farewell show has felt like a one-on-one conversation with Oprah, telling me everything she has learned in this life.

One of the lessons she talked about is that we are each responsible for our own lives. That our sphere of influence is what surrounds us-friends, family, neighbors...that having a sphere of influence doesn't have to include being famous; it just means that we are each responsible for how we interact in the world. Another lesson she talked about is the importance of showing our good energy to the world. Oprah mentioned this sign a guest gave her that she hung in her dressing room: "Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space". What a great reminder of how we each impact everyone we come into contact with.

I am still turning her show off and on, listening to her lessons here and there. I am glad to have this episode saved in my DVR. It is one I can watch over and over again.

No comments: