Fall

Fall

Sunday, May 15, 2011

I heart my dad


Have I written about my dad in this blog? Definitely not as much as I should. I do recognize I have blog readers whose own dads are no longer on this earth...but I know you heart yours as much as I do mine.

One of my favorite get-togethers with my dad is a trip to the art museum and eating either lunch or dinner after our outing. We went today to DAM to see the Italian Renaissance exhibit. We decided Mexican food was the fare of the evening and ate a delightful dinner at La Loma in LoHi.

As I age, I often ponder authenticity and living a life that is truly mine. My dad has achieved that in his own life. In our conversation tonight, I achieved it, too. I said how I felt, peer to peer, without feeling like a little girl who would be reprimanded. Dad listened, and he shared, and I felt so at ease. So myself. I guess this is what getting older for all of us is all about.

Cheers to you, Dad. Thanks for letting me be me. I love you.

No comments: