Fall

Fall

Friday, May 13, 2011

Rain

It is hard to believe that just a few days ago it was 40 degrees and rainy. This morning I took a walk in a short sleeve shirt and my sunnies fogged up from the heat! Colorado weather has made me realize that, although I love Portland as a city and Oregon as a whole, I love, love, love the sunshine. Chester and Stanley concur-they both hate the rain. The other night I found myself in my pajamas, leashing them up to force them to use the bathroom in the alley. The other morning, we slopped through the rain on a quick walk and of course they had to shake off the water on their fur in the living room. I just don't think they would have made very good Portland pups.

I am looking forward to some good weather for the 5K I am running with Shelley tomorrow. It is also Maddie's first birthday so a nice, sunny day will be good for a birthday party. Sunday it is supposed to be colder, but what better weather for a leisurely afternoon at the art museum with my dad?

Thoughts are going out to my mom's older brother who suffered a stroke a few days ago. Uncle Bill has had a few strokes and heart troubles over the years, and the doctors thought this was a severe stroke. My mom is with the family now, and the word is that he is doing better than expected. He recognized her and I am sure she feels blessed to have this chance to see him. I bet he rejoiced when he could see the face of his little sister. Makes me choke up when I picture it.

No comments: