Fall

Fall

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Playing Hookey

(I never know how to spell that word...)

One of the reasons I am working part time and temporarily is because I know I am going to have to kick everything into full gear once graduate school begins. I want to take advantage of taking as much time off as possible, guilt free. On Monday I found a gem for Tuesday's Rockies' day game...two tickets that were a part of the Guys Night Out package for the day game. I knew I couldn't pass this up, so I emailed my boss and told her I was going to take the day off to go to the baseball game. I wrestled with "should I call in sick?" or "should I make-up some story about Ches/Stan being sick?" I decided that neither option aligns with the concept of living life authentically so I decided to just be honest. Most days, I don't mind going to work. But there are those few days that I wake up and would rather do anything but. I needed to do some yard work, to clean the house and take care of a few things, and to spend some leisure time. My boss is always super cool about everything so she gave me the thumb's up. Dad met me at the game and we shared pizza. I had the obligatory afternoon baseball beers, and we sat and cheered the Rockies on. They were behind part of the game but rallied at the end. It was so much fun and again more time well spent with Dad.

No comments: