Fall

Fall

Monday, January 28, 2008

For the love of television

Mike and I sped through season 3 of LOST. It is still as good as season 1, where after each episode we look at each other and say, "What?!?" We always have to recap..."so, wait a minute...so and so did this, and it led to that..." My favorite characters are (in order): Sayid, Kate, Sawyer, Jack, Desmond, Hurley, Sun, Jin. The new characters we met in season 3 (Juliet, Tom) are growing on me. We sped through season 3 so fast that we are ready to actually follow the season on television. Mike and I don't watch a ton of tv shows or series. We like Monday nights-How I Met Your Mother, etc.-but even those have been repeats because of the writers' strike. Typically TV in our house is just a lot of channel flipping...And What Not to Wear Friday nights...And all the HGTV shows. So, I am really looking forward to actually following a TV show. This Thursday, the network is touting this at the 2 hour LOST Event. Wow, an event. I really hope LOST doesn't get lame like Alias did (really? a pregnant field officer doing karate kicks? Doubt it) or how lame 24 can be. I really hope it maintains its same level of interest, of strangeness, of character development and of good storytelling. I am ready for Thursday-pajamas, wine, dinner and all!

No comments: