Fall

Fall

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fun and blood at the dog park

Yesterday I took Chester and Stan for a good romp at the Jason street dog park. It has been a tough week for the dogs...I haven't had time to run Ches in the morning, and both Mike and I have gotten home late from work so an evening walk hasn't been in the cards much this week. We met Jen, Jason, their pups, and ran into our neighbor with her two dogs, so the boys had plenty of friends to run around with. We were there almost an hour when I noticed Stan was limping. Then, I noticed his paw was bleeding. Somehow, the crazy guy managed to split his nail past the "quick"-the most sensitive part of a dog's nail. His "quick" was exposed, bloody and I am sure very painful. But looking at Stan, you wouldn't know it. He had a big grin and had just finished chasing Chester. Maybe the snow made it numb. We had to be the lame family who has to leave a play date early because the dorky one gets hurt. Oh well, it gives me a reason to pamper him more than I already do.

We started tiling the backsplash today. Mike finished tiling the counter on Friday. It looks really good. The backsplash does, too. I am not looking forward to grouting. There are so many small pieces of tile that cleaning grout off tile will be a pain in the rear. Oh well, this kitchen is looking so good it will be worth it in the end.

We still have to: Paint the cabinet doors, touch up paint, put on the door hardware, paint the back mud room, clean the basement...etc...etc...but after the bulk of the kitchen is done, these are things that will come in time. For a while I wondered why we chose to do this. Today, I am seeing enough progress to know why.

No comments: