Fall

Fall

Thursday, January 3, 2008

A funny thing happened on the way out of Sunflower

I had a strange situation yesterday. On my lunch break, I contemplated going to Sunflower or Safeway to find food for dinner, and decided on Sunflower. I didn't find what I was looking for, so I left to go to Safeway. When I came out, there was a woman whose front bumper was wedged in between my back wheel and back bumper. She was trying to back up and I saw my bumper looking as though it was going to snap off. I ran up to her car telling her to stop...I asked her what happened. She said she was backing up, and the car behind her was backing up as well. She pulled forward and somehow got wedged in. Her car is a Mercury, one of those old cars, and the bumper protrudes out. Anyway, so as to not rip the bumper off I called AAA and they sent someone to help. He came, looked a bit perplexed, and talked her out of the situation. She was the nicest lady, we talked while waiting for AAA. I told her where I worked and it ended up that she even knew my old boss. I found it to be a very odd way to start 2008. I hope this isn't an indication of what this year is going to be!

No comments: