Fall

Fall

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer vacation has begun

Today was my first day of my summer vacation. I had a very busy last day of work, with students in and out of the office until 6:30pm. That feeling of busyness carried over to today, but in a really good way. I woke up earlier than usual, took the dogs on a walk, made my breakfast. I called potential internship sites and sent resumes via email. I ran some errands, and then went flower shopping for Mike's grave. Meg and I were to meet for a stroll and coffee at Southglenn but she had some car issues to deal with; we saw each other quickly in front of Whole Foods, lamenting a bit about when life throws us lemons, and she was on her way. I got a perfectly brewed cambric tea and bought a few groceries. I picked up the boys' heartworm meds and made it home in time to get ready to meet a friend for some early snacking. I am home now, but still have a list of things to do. Change the sheets, run the dishes, put clothes away.

It all sounds like I am busying myself but in reality I love days like this. I haven't been this productive and out-and-about in weeks. I haven't had this kind of energy. I am feeling this palpable excitement about the summer, even if some days are spent running errands or cleaning up. And this is just day one. I can't wait to see what unfolds each day.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love love love days of busyness that invigorate and make you thankful that you have the legs, the energy, the finances, to do all of these things. I'm happy to hear you share this same sense of gratitude for the not so ordinary, ordinary day...