Fall

Fall

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Re-inspired

Emily's most highly awaited and recent blog post has re-inspired me to love the summer, all the time on my hands and the R&R that comes with it. That, and a discussion with my dad in the car this morning about how nice time off can be. He said retirement was a bit of an adjustment but now he is a master of it. "The days go by quickly," he said.

What was I complaining about? Maybe I was feeling that lack of purpose that I wrote about earlier. Purpose, however, comes to those who wait. This time last year I was in a sense forcing myself to have a purpose with the art program. While it was a neat experience, something was lacking in it for me. I am anticipating that with the MSW program will come a renewed sense of purpose. That is something well worth waiting for.

In the spirit of Emily's post, here are some things I have been loving about summer lately:
-Trips to the mountains! I am not a winter mountain girl; I love it in the summer. The smells, colors, and peacefulness in nature is so revitalizing.
-Farmer's markets. Oh how I love farmer's markets.
-Air conditioning.
-Patio seating.
-Gardening and caring for my yard. It is a beautiful pocket of nature and respite from all the noise of the busy world.
-Flip flops, all day and all night long.
-My renewed yoga practice. I can't believe I took a hiatus for 6 months.
-Bocce ball in my parent's backyard.
-"Roadie" strolls in the neighborhood with my good friend Aimee-plastic cups, a little Chard, and an early evening stroll admiring the neighborhood gardens.

Of course, in my own blogging spirit I will also write about what I should do this summer. Make green iced tea. Sit by a pool more. Indulge in a walk to Bonnie Brae for some cinnamon ice cream. The list here can be endless. Because, like my dad says, the days go by way too quickly. Added in my own words: "And then there will be the cold, dreary days of winter." Cheers to you summer and the R&R you bring!

No comments: