Fall

Fall

Monday, November 30, 2009

Triumph


This picture is dedicated to anyone who needs to triumph...if you can end up looking this silly then you definitely have triumphed!

So I took the plunge and joined Facebook. I resisted for so long...I didn't think I would have time to keep up with it. I also didn't like having to ask my bestest of best to be my friends. After giving it a shot, I actually find it to be kinda fun. I am reconnecting with people I lost touch with and I also am connected with those I love the most. I think me and Facebook will be friends.

I am relishing in the smell of garlic on my stove...I am making a cabbage soup and caesar salad for dinner. Cabbage soup you say? What are you living in...Russia in the 1930's? Let me tell you...this recipe includes toasted bread, parmesean cheese, and the recipe states: "Bake at 350 until cheese is bubbly." Delightful. I have been giving a lot of thought to the whole weight issue of late. Lucky for me, the past 4 weeks of training did lead to a loss of 6 pounds. But here's the catch: I love to eat. I love to cook. So, while I want to get back to the size I was maybe 2 or 3 years ago, a part of me loathes the thought of starving myself, eating tuna from a can or a sensible breakfast of wheat toast with black coffee. I have decided to make this pact with myself-keep running and exercising and don't diet. Why deprive myself of one of my life's joys? A friend reminded me that our bodies are just the shell...as they change it is God's reminder that the inside is what counts. And I like my insides, no matter how imperfect I am. So, you may find I run 3 miles a day and still have birthing hips...but at least I can make my way around a kitchen!

Off to watch cheese bubble and brown.

No comments: