Fall

Fall

Monday, July 23, 2007

100 Degrees and Cool

Yesterday was a scorcher. I think it hit 100 degrees. Mike and I were so busy running errands and preparing for my mom's birthday on Saturday that Sunday came around and we had little energy to do much. Which was fine with me...Harry Potter Book 7 arrived in our mailbox on Saturday so I was able to take the little energy I had and put it into starting the book. So far, it is very good.

The best purchase we have made is the window AC unit in the main part of the house. As it was 100 degrees outside, I curled up in the bedroom, with the ceiling fan going, reading the book. I was actually chilly. What a blessing to be cold in such heat. I remember the days when we did not have AC, just window fans. I remember cooking dinner and sweating. Life is much more enjoyable with the AC unit.

I can't believe July is almost over. My flowers are starting to look a little bit crunchy. Our grass actually held up very well all summer and looks very lush and green. I hope August goes by slow, slow. I love fall, and even the beginning of winter. I just hate the January through April stretch. Football is wrapping up, the holidays are over, it is cold and gets dark early. It feels like just yesterday it was February and I was just itching for summer. Now, it is halfway over. I think it is time we take a vow to enjoy these aspects of summer before they go away:

1. Sitting on the back patio drinking coffee and eating breakfast.
2. Sunday morning walks to the farmer's market.
3. Walking to get ice cream on Gaylord Street or in Bonnie Brae.
4. Baseball.
5. Hiking.
6. Escaping to the movie theater to sit in air conditioning for a few hours.

The list goes on.

No comments: