Fall

Fall

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Intentions

I remember watching an Oprah episode one time, a long time ago. Gary Zukov was discussing his book Seat of the Soul and Oprah introduced the notion of living with intention. This is from The Seat of the Soul:

"Every action, thought and feeling is motivated by an intention, and that intention is a cause that exists as one with an effect. If we participate in the cause, it is not possible for us not to participate in the effect. In this profound way, we are held responsible for our every action, thought and feeling, which is to say, for our every intention. We, ourselves, shall partake of the fruit of our every intention. It is, therefore, wise for us to become aware of the many intentions that inform our experience, to sort out which intentions produce which effects, and to choose our intentions according to the effects that we desire to produce".

I have thought a lot of that concept since my (almost) new position of Faculty Advisor. I have wanted this for a very long time, just had to figure out how to get there. The past four months I have been bugging my soon to be new boss, I have bugged other advisors, and really made this job my intention. And now look, my intention is about to become a reality. It is so very powerful to think about life this way. I think it is important to know the intention and make sure that intention is what you really want, or else you may end up with something you do not really want!

No comments: