Fall

Fall

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dream Job

I was driving home last night and heard a commentary on NPR about pursuing your dream job. The monologue was by a software director at a health-care company who quit his day job to pursue writing teenage fiction novels. One novel had already been published by Random House, and he just recently published another one. The commentary got me thinking. What is my dream job? The job I would quit the stability and security of a University recruitment position for? A few ideas came to mind. I would LOVE to own a little boutique on either Old South Pearl, Gaylord, 32nd avenue, or one of these chic neighborhoods. The boutique would be a lot like the Denver Botanic Gardens gift store: lovely soaps, lotions, books, garden decorations, original artistic pieces. I would also love to own a coffee shop near a University...the kind where great ideas are housed, original artwork on the walls, students studying till the wee hours. It looks as though my dream job allows me to work for myself, be as creative as I want, and really be dedicated to the success of the business. Who knows? This guy was 40 when he pursued his dream, maybe in 10 years I will have those such guts.

No comments: