Fall

Fall

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Secret Really is a Secret

My team at work recently read The Secret and watched the movie. The premise of The Secret is that what you give out to the universe comes back to you. Of course, management had us do this because they don't know how to lead so they expect us to lead ourselves. Regardless, yes, I do believe that, in general, if you have positive energy positive things occur; negative energy may lead to negative things occurring. Now, I agree with this in general. There are many places I don't agree with this: Mike didn't put energy out there to get cancer; an acquaintance's 6 year old daughter didn't put energy out there to get a brain tumor. But, you know, if you are nice to people then generally they are nice back. If you are mean to people, well, they may be mean to you. See. Generally speaking, this is the case.

Where I don't get The Secret is in my day to day activities. I am generally a good person. I think I put out positive vibes. So, why is it on my late day my boss is actually here until 6pm so I can't skip out unnoticed to head to an early baseball game? Why does this happen to me, when the person in another cube who puts out negative energy gets her way all the time? I don't understand. Sigh. The Secret will, in all its glory, be just that to me.

No comments: