Fall

Fall

Thursday, May 10, 2007

On the Verge

It is official. I love summer and the months leading up to it. May especially is a time where I get a sneak peek of summer's goodness. Mike and I have barbequed a few times already; the lawn is a rich, green carpet before turning drier as the months get hotter; my perennials have come back, with small buds already forming; and I get to change into lighter pj's for the warmer nights.

I think what I love best about summer is it seems to be the time when Mike's cancer is not around. Last summer he was "in remission" and this summer I hope he continues to have clean PET scans. Both of us are in better spirits, just plain happier, when summer comes and we don't have to go to Chemo appointments every few weeks. There is a spring in our steps, cheerfulness in our laughs, and we get to spend time doing what we love while feeling good: Go to Chatfield with the dogs, eat outside at my parent's house, go to the mountains and hike, see the newest Harry Potter movie and read the newest Harry Potter book, walk to Gaylord Street for Ice Cream, and visit the Pearl Street farmer's market.

So, summer, I am welcoming you with open arms.

No comments: