Fall

Fall

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Movie, Wine...What Else Could I Ask For?...Well, Hubby Time Of Course!

I love my husband. He is my best friend and I look forward to leaving work so I can spend time with him. No, I am not just writing that because I know he reads this. I write it because it is true. I like nothing better than to come home after work, go for a walk with the boys, settle down to a night of TV and a yummy dinner. Or the weekend, where we run errands, do house chores, see movies, go to dinner. I just love it, and am so lucky to have such a marriage.

I do have one confession. The nights he says, "I have to work, do you mind if I abandon you?" are delicious. No, not because I want to see him toil after an already grueling day. They are delicious because I can do something just for me. Perhaps I can read, maybe call a few friends, take a bath, or putter around the house. Whatever it is, the "me" time gives me the rejuvenation I need to be able to spend time with him. Last night was exquisite. I drank some chilled white wine, pumiced and lotioned my feet, and watched Notes on a Scandal, a captivating movie that I knew Mike may not like as much as I did. It was a lovely evening of me, Cate Blanchett, Judi Dench, and Beringer.

Thank you, my sweet. Thank you for letting me have this time-I get refreshed by this time. But, lo and behold, am I ever looking forward to tonight's American Idol, will it be Blake or Jordin? I look forward to tonight because I get to snuggle up with you.

No comments: