Fall

Fall

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Long Weekend Hangover

I feel like I have fallen into a vortex. I am at my desk at work, and it feels like yesterday was just Friday. It feels like my co-workers and I were just sitting here, wondering if we would be let out from work early to kick off the Memorial Day weekend. I know that yesterday was not Friday, that a 3 day weekend just passed and I did a ton of stuff. I cleaned, watched Stan blow up like a balloon after getting into his dog food, tended the sick Stan, did house projects, went to a birthday party, had the in-laws to dinner, walked the dogs, went to a BBQ at my parents' house, went on a hike, saw the 3rd Pirates movie...so why do I feel like all that time went by too quickly? It is probably my 3 day weekend hangover. That and my excitement about our upcoming trip to Disneyland!

Re: Hiking. Mike, Chester, Stan and I went on our first hike of the season Monday. We went to Golden Gate State Park and hiked the Horseshoe Trail. It was about 3.6 miles, and it looped around a beautiful meadow, through aspen trees and past a nice camping spot. This hike gave me the recharge that I needed. I love hiking. Just me and my guys, in the early morning, smelling the mountain air and surrounded by trees, rocks, flowers, the sky, and mountains. I needed to get out of the city, away from people for a little while, and remember the greater things in life. Being in nature is my way of reflecting on what is important to me and gives me new balance, because if I am gone from nature too long my balance starts to get out of whack. So, hopefully the summer will bring lots of hikes thus bring lots of balance!

No comments: