Fall

Fall

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Vision Board

Quick update on Dracula...the blood was drawn successfully this morning with no bruises to show for it.

Onto more philosophical things...I learned about The Vision Board during a workshop on The Secret. The Vision Board is a board where you tack up the things that you want to attract into your life and you keep it in a central location where you can see it everyday. My co-worker is making one for her office space and I am thinking about doing the same. On the board, I would have the word cancer with an "X" through it, I would have a picture of a mountain vista, I would have pictures of my friends and family, I would post words like "love" and "happiness". I am having trouble though picturing what I would put up there for career. I am in that phase of trying to figure out which direction I can go. I am hoping for being considered as an Advisor in the SPS program, but Regis is going through changes and the nature of this position may change as well. I don't necessarily see myself in my current position for the rest of my life, and I don't know if I want to be stuck in sales or expand into other areas. My goal before was to become an advisor and teach; with the new re-structuring though I don't know if this is realistic. So, I need to put on my vision board all the opportunities I want to explore and then look into each one. The Vision Board is a good way to keep goals in the forefront of everyday life. I had a classmate who had a mission statement for himself. It combined his work and personal goals, into some very prolific statement. Perhaps at the top of my Vision Board there could be my mission statement. Hmmmm. Better get working on that!

No comments: