Fall

Fall

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A week of friends

This week has been a week of connecting with friends. Monday night I had dinner with S. She is a somewhat "new" friend and we have enough in common that we really enjoy each other's company. There is something very special about S. Maybe it is the light that shines in her eyes, maybe it is that she remembers every detail from our last conversation, maybe it is her sincerity...whatever it is, I am very happy we have this new found friendship.

I got to chat with MP last night for a while. It had been a bit since we connected. What a good soul. I just feel so darn lucky that I have had her in my life for 16 plus years. She continues to be a role model to me.

I had a great lunch with LB today. It had been awhile since I have seen her, she is off this summer and so we met at Sabor. I love that place. They open all the windows and it feels like you are in a restaurant in Latin America. The only downside is that it is so close to work that all work people go there. So, I couldn't do much lamenting about work. To our benefit...we got to talk about other things in life! I love LB. She is just such a down to earth good person. She keeps me in check. After complaining about weight gain during lunch (stuffing myself with a burrito and chips) we walked by a gluten free bakery. I bought chocolate chip cookies for me and my co-workers. She said, "Mel, what did we just talk about at lunch?" LB, I will be better tomorrow. I promise. Thanks for shining your brightness on me today!

This is what I love about summer. I want to be out, seeing friends, or on my back porch chatting on the phone. Thanks, ladies, for making this such a good week!

No comments: