Fall

Fall

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Wind

I have to say it. I hate the wind. It is useless-it doesn't supply moisture like rain; doesn't rejuvenate the earth like snow; and it doesn't let things spring to life the sunshine. What does wind do? It makes small particles land in my eye, it messes up my hair, it can be very cold, makes tree branches fall, and it generally makes me not want to be outside. Yuck. Can anyone tell me the benefits of wind please? According to Wikipedia: "It was these winds that early mariners relied upon to propel their ships from Europe to North and South America." Great. Wind allowed for the colonization of the Amercias thus leading to the genocide or assimilation of American Indians. Another case to dislike the wind. Sigh. The bright side is that the weekend is supposed to be 80 degrees sans wind. Looking forward to that!

No comments: