Fall

Fall

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Wish I could Eat, Pray, Love...

MP's book club book pick is Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I bought it for the plane ride to California and from what I have read it is fantastic. It is one woman's journey to self discovery, love and spirituality. She goes to 3 different countries for this self discovery: Italy, India and Indonesia and spends about a year on this journey.

I am fascinated by people that can do this type of thing. She is writer so I think that helps-she got a book deal in the end to tell of her travels; she also seemed to have money, which helps as well. However, I think the one thing she has for sure is guts. To leave all that she knew in the States and just travel, not knowing many people, to "find" herself takes a lot of guts. Sometimes I wish I could do this (with Mike of course!). I would love for the both of us to quit our jobs, pack it all up, and have no obligations but to discover new things about life and about ourselves. I think this could open up to creative ways of living. But the one thing I know I lack is the guts. I lack the guts to leave my home, my puppies, my secure job, my friends and family behind and embark on such a journey. But that is where I am at this point...who knows, maybe as time goes on this will become a feasible opportunity!

No comments: