Fall

Fall

Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekends...can they be everyday?



I haven't written in a couple of days. I think it is because when the weekend comes I have a hard time sitting in front of the computer for much time. So, I let the weekend go by without really documenting what happens. I must say I love weekends. Mondays get harder and harder for me to face. It doesn't even really matter what I do on the weekend, I just like being on my own time clock.

This weekend was very relaxing. Saturday we did some housework. We sat in the air conditioning and watched baseball. We napped. We went downtown to dinner and then to the Larimer Arts Festival. Somehow, both of us got pretty allergic and had to leave the festival early, but we got home and called it an early night.

Yesterday, we went on a 5 mile hike near Estes Park. We have this awesome book called Canine Colorado, and it lists all the hikes in Colorado that are dog friendly. It tells whether it is an off leash or on leash trail. This one was off leash. The boys had a blast! They are so good off leash-they listen, they don't go too far, and if they are up ahead they always wait for us. This hike was a bit of a challenge. It was downhill for the beginning, so coming back was almost all uphill. Both of us were winded. We stopped along the way quite a bit. The boys had exerted all of their energy going down the trail, so coming back up there were both tired. Stan kept laying down along the way. When we were done, we drove to Estes, had lunch, then came home and napped. We had the most delicious dinner with Mike's family (Sue and Chris were in town) and then came home.

Today...well, I am thinking about what a fun weekend we had. I am trying to call my students, get ready for a meeting, etc. But, I am really thinking...when will it be the weekend again?

No comments: